A few weeks after a funeral you might begin to experience symptoms of anxiety, depression or overwhelming sadness. Family and friends who stood by you in your loss may have stopped calling and visiting. You feel alone. You have questions and concerns about how you will go on with your life. You miss your loved one.
Grief support groups can help answer some of your questions. You can meet other people who have also suffered a loss and who are in various stages of grieving – who have figured out some solutions or have other questions you haven’t thought of yet.
Some grief support counselors and groups are available at no charge or at very low cost. When family and friends don’t have the answers, grief support personnel often do. They can answer your very real concerns about picking up the pieces of your shattered life.
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill, 5664 N Port Washington Rd., Glendale, 414-434-2270
- Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, 8531 W. Brown Deer Rd., Brown Deer, 414-354-4042
- The Silver Spring House, 6655 N. Green Bay Ave., Glendale, 414-446-9889
- The Bavarian Bierhaus, 700 W. Lexington Blvd., Glendale, 414-236-7000
- The Butler Inn, 12400 W. Hampton Ave., Butler, 262-783-5899